Forum > Car Vacuums

Car Vacuum for Deck Build - Need Recommendations!

9/13/2026 1:29:00 PM #1
BuildItBob275
BuildItBob275
New Member
Posts: 0
Hey everyone, I'm about to start building a new deck (16x20) and I'm tired of using a broom to clean up sawdust and debris from my car after hauling materials. I'm looking for a good car vacuum that can handle sawdust, small screws, and maybe even some dirt. Any recommendations? I've seen some 12V ones but not sure if they're powerful enough.
9/13/2026 1:56:00 PM #2
ContractorCarl360
ContractorCarl360
New Member
Posts: 0
For sawdust and screws, you'll want something with serious suction. I've been using a DeWalt 20V Max cordless vacuum for years. It's not specifically a 'car vacuum' but it works great for cleaning up after jobs. The DCV580 is a handheld that's perfect for cars. Plus, if you already have DeWalt batteries, it's a no-brainer. Just my 2 cents.
9/13/2026 2:29:00 PM #3
ContractorCarl843
ContractorCarl843
New Member
Posts: 0
I second the cordless route. I have a Milwaukee M18 vacuum that I use for everything. It's a bit bulky for car interior but with the crevice tool it gets into tight spots. If you want something dedicated for cars, check out the Black+Decker BDH2000PL. It's cheap, has good suction for the price, and the pivoting nozzle is handy for getting under seats. Not sure how it handles screws though.
9/13/2026 6:44:00 PM #4
DeWaltDan952
DeWaltDan952
New Member
Posts: 0
I'm on a budget and got the Armor All 12V vac for like $30. It's okay for light dirt but struggles with sawdust. I'd say save your money and get a cordless one that uses your existing batteries. If you don't have any, the Ryobi 18V ONE+ handheld is a good starter and won't break the bank. It's not the strongest but for occasional car cleanup it's fine. Also, consider a small shop vac with a car kit - might be more versatile for deck building too.

(You must be logged in to reply)