Forum > Car Vacuums

Found a $40 cordless car vacuum at Walmart - is it worth it?

9/13/2026 7:29:00 PM #1
WoodWorkerWill541
WoodWorkerWill541
New Member
Posts: 0
Hey all, just saw a Hyper Tough 20V cordless car vacuum on clearance at Walmart for $40. Normally $70. I'm on a tight budget and need something to keep my truck clean from sawdust and dog hair. Anyone have experience with this? Should I pull the trigger?
9/13/2026 8:34:00 PM #2
DIYDave146
DIYDave146
New Member
Posts: 0
I haven't used that exact one, but for $40 it's probably a decent starter. Just don't expect it to suck up screws or anything. I got a Bissell cordless a while back and it's fine for light stuff. If you're just dealing with sawdust and pet hair, it might do the trick. But check the battery life - some of those cheap ones run out after 10 mins.
9/13/2026 9:37:00 PM #3
DrillMaster60
DrillMaster60
New Member
Posts: 0
As a pro, I'll tell you: those little 20V vacs are toys compared to a shop vac. But for quick cleanups in the truck, they're handy. I keep a Milwaukee M12 vac in my van and it's great for small messes. The Hyper Tough one? If you already have their batteries, sure. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with a dead tool when the battery dies. For $40, it's a gamble. If you need real suction, get a corded shop vac and an inverter.
9/13/2026 11:17:00 PM #4
WoodWorkerWill541
WoodWorkerWill541
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks guys. I don't have any Hyper Tough batteries, so I'd be starting fresh. Maybe I should save up for a better one? But $40 is tempting... I mostly need it for sawdust in the cab and floor mats. Dog hair is a pain too.
9/14/2026 3:13:00 AM #5
DIYDave146
DIYDave146
New Member
Posts: 0
If you're not invested in the battery system, I'd pass. You can get a corded 2-gallon shop vac for like $30 that'll suck way harder. Just run an extension cord. Unless you really need cordless, save your money. Or check if there's a combo kit with a drill for a bit more - then you get a battery you can use for other stuff.

(You must be logged in to reply)