Need a vacuum for my car after hauling deck materials – any recommendations?
9/15/2026 6:13:00 PM
#1
ContractorCarl795
New Member
Posts: 0
Hey everyone, just wrapped up building a new deck and my truck bed and cab are filled with sawdust, wood chips, and gravel. I need a car vacuum that can handle heavy debris and also get into crevices. I've been looking at the DeWalt 20V Max but not sure if it's powerful enough. Any pros/cons? Budget is around $150. Thanks!
9/15/2026 6:35:00 PM
#2
SocketSarah249
New Member
Posts: 0
I've used the DeWalt 20V Max for years on job sites. It's decent for light cleanup, but for a full truck bed after a deck job, you might want something with more suction. The Milwaukee M12/M18 vacs are beasts. If you already have Milwaukee batteries, go that route. Otherwise, the DeWalt will do the job but may take a few passes. Also, get a crevice tool and a brush attachment – they're game changers.
9/15/2026 8:23:00 PM
#3
HammerHank599
New Member
Posts: 0
Forget the tiny car vacs – they're toys. I use a 5-gallon shop vac with a car detailing kit. Way more power and capacity. The Rigid 5HP is on sale often. Just make sure you have a long hose or an extension cord. And don't forget a HEPA filter if you're dealing with fine dust. My two cents.
9/15/2026 9:40:00 PM
#4
ToolTimeTim931
New Member
Posts: 0
I'm all about precision. The problem with most car vacs is they lack fine filtration and the nozzles are too wide. I modded my shop vac with a 1.25-inch hose and a set of micro attachments. Now I can get into seat rails and AC vents. If you're set on a handheld, the Black+Deck Max is surprisingly good for $70, but expect to empty it frequently. Also, consider a cordless blower to blow out the big stuff first – saves your filter.
9/16/2026 2:45:00 AM
#5
ContractorCarl795
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks for the tips, everyone. I think I'll go with the Rigid shop vac + car kit. Sounds like the most versatile for my needs. Appreciate the help!
(You must be logged in to reply)