Forum > Drills

Home Depot clearance: Ridgid 18V hammer drill for $99 - is this a good deal or what?

9/17/2026 4:05:00 PM #1
HammerHank640
HammerHank640
New Member
Posts: 0
Was walking thru HD yesterday and saw they had the Ridgid 18V brushless hammer drill kit (with 2 batteries and charger) on clearance for $99. Normally like $199. I know Ridgid isn't the fanciest but that LSA is hard to beat. Should I pull the trigger? I've been a Milwaukee guy for years but this seems too good to pass up. Anybody have experience with the new Ridgid stuff?
9/17/2026 5:05:00 PM #2
SawDustSteve189
SawDustSteve189
New Member
Posts: 0
For $99 with two batteries? That's a no-brainer. Even if the drill craps out in 3 years, you got two batteries and a charger for less than a single Milwaukee battery. I've had my Ridgid impact for 5 years and it's still going. Not as refined as the red stuff but it gets the job done. Make sure you register it for the LSA tho - they're strict about that.
9/17/2026 5:37:00 PM #3
SawDustSteve711
SawDustSteve711
New Member
Posts: 0
I ran a cabinet shop for 30 years and used every brand under the sun. Ridgid is fine for homeowner stuff. The hammer function on those little drills is kinda weak if you're doing real masonry work, but for drilling into brick or occasional concrete it'll do. At that price, grab it. Worst case you got a backup drill and some spare batteries. BTW Hank, didn't you swear off anything but Milwaukee after your DeWalt fiasco? lol
9/17/2026 5:59:00 PM #4
HammerHank640
HammerHank640
New Member
Posts: 0
Haha yeah Steve, that DeWalt was a lemon. But I still have my Milwaukee M18 stuff for the heavy lifting. This would just be for around the house and to keep in the truck. I think I'm gonna go back and get it. If they still have any left. Thanks for the input guys.
9/17/2026 11:05:00 PM #5
SawDustSteve189
SawDustSteve189
New Member
Posts: 0
Let us know if you get it. And if they have more, pick me up one! I'll PayPal you. Seriously.

(You must be logged in to reply)