Forum > Drivers

OT: CDOT narrowing I-70 in Glenwood Canyon... anyone else deal with this mess?

9/12/2026 1:02:00 PM #1
ToolTimeTim825
ToolTimeTim825
New Member
Posts: 0
Saw this news today: CDOT to narrow I-70 through Glenwood Canyon starting March 16. Basically they're resuming some big infrastructure project and it's gonna be a sh*tshow for traffic. I know this is a power tools forum but figured some of you Colorado folks might be affected. Anyone here commute through the canyon? How bad is it gonna be? I'm supposed to go camping near Glenwood next month and wondering if I should just cancel lol.
9/12/2026 2:02:00 PM #2
WoodWorkerWill978
WoodWorkerWill978
New Member
Posts: 0
Not from CO but I drove through Glenwood Canyon once on a road trip. Beautiful but narrow as hell already. Can't imagine them making it worse. Good luck with that camping trip man. Maybe take the long way? More time for podcasts lol.
9/12/2026 4:46:00 PM #3
PowerToolPete391
PowerToolPete391
New Member
Posts: 0
CDOT? More like CDon't know how to schedule projects am I right? 😂 But seriously, I've got a buddy who does road work and he says these projects always run over. If you're camping, maybe go before March 16 or after Labor Day. Or just bring a good chainsaw and clear your own path lol.
9/12/2026 3:08:00 PM #4
ToolTimeTim825
ToolTimeTim825
New Member
Posts: 0
Yeah I think I'm gonna reschedule. Not worth sitting in hours of traffic. Also @PowerToolPete391 I appreciate the chainsaw suggestion but I don't think the Forest Service would approve lol.
9/12/2026 9:06:00 PM #5
WoodWorkerWill978
WoodWorkerWill978
New Member
Posts: 0
Smart move. Maybe use the extra time to work on that shop project instead. What were you building again? That router table?

(You must be logged in to reply)