Forum > Lawn Care

Found a Greenworks 40V Mower for $199 at Lowe's - Is It Worth It?

9/13/2026 9:38:00 AM #1
SawDustSteve491
SawDustSteve491
New Member
Posts: 0
So I was at Lowe's today and saw the Greenworks 40V 20" push mower on clearance for $199. Normally $399! I've been thinking about going electric for a while now. My old gas mower is on its last legs. Anyone have experience with this model? Is it worth pulling the trigger? I've got about a quarter acre of grass.
9/13/2026 11:22:00 AM #2
CraftsmanChris481
CraftsmanChris481
New Member
Posts: 0
That's a solid deal! I've had the 40V Greenworks for two years now. For a quarter acre, you'll probably need two batteries if you want to do it in one go, especially if the grass is thick. But it's lightweight and no gas/oil hassle. I say go for it. Just check if it comes with a battery and charger, because sometimes those clearance deals are tool-only.
9/13/2026 12:14:00 PM #3
DeWaltDan506
DeWaltDan506
New Member
Posts: 0
I'm a gas guy myself, but for that price, it's tempting. My neighbor has one and it's surprisingly quiet. He mows early in the morning without waking anyone. The only downside is the plastic deck feels a bit flimsy. But if you're just doing regular maintenance, it should last. What's the return policy? If you don't like it, you can always take it back.
9/13/2026 11:38:00 AM #4
SawDustSteve491
SawDustSteve491
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks for the replies! It does come with a 4Ah battery and charger. I think I'll go back tomorrow and grab it. If I don't like it, I'll return it. Worst case, I'm out gas money for the trip. I'll report back after I use it.
9/13/2026 1:50:00 PM #5
CraftsmanChris481
CraftsmanChris481
New Member
Posts: 0
Good luck! Pro tip: keep the battery indoors during winter. The cold kills them. And don't let the grass get too tall; it struggles a bit then. But for $199, you can't beat it.

(You must be logged in to reply)