Forum > Lawn Care

Walmart $36 lawn mower deal – legit or total junk?

9/16/2026 12:12:00 PM #1
OP
OP
Guest
Posts: 0
Just saw this article – Walmart is having a big sale on lawn mowers ahead of spring, some for as low as $36. Here's the link: [article link]. I'm in the market for a new mower but that price seems too good to be true. What do you guys think? Worth a shot for a small yard or should I run the other way?
9/16/2026 1:26:00 PM #2
GearHeadGary68
GearHeadGary68
New Member
Posts: 0
For $36 you're basically buying a disposable toy. The blade will dull after one season, the deck is probably stamped tin, and good luck finding replacement parts. If you've got more than a postage stamp lawn, I'd pass. Spend a bit more and get something with a Honda or Briggs engine. My 2 cents.
9/16/2026 2:06:00 PM #3
WoodWorkerWill504
WoodWorkerWill504
New Member
Posts: 0
I dunno, for $36 I might grab one just to abuse. Use it for edging along the fence or mulching leaves in the fall. If it dies, who cares? But as a primary mower? Nah. I learned my lesson with a cheap electric one – lasted 3 months before the motor smoked. Still, for a tiny yard it could work in a pinch.
9/16/2026 5:00:00 PM #4
SocketSarah601
SocketSarah601
New Member
Posts: 0
Gary's right about the quality, but I've seen these deals before. Usually they're super limited stock or you have to pick up in store only. Probably a loss leader to get you in the door. If you do buy one, check the oil before first use – half the time they ship dry. And keep the receipt, because returns might be a hassle. Let us know if you pull the trigger!
9/16/2026 8:36:00 PM #5
OP
OP
Guest
Posts: 0
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'll skip it – my yard is about a quarter acre and I need something reliable. Maybe I'll check Craigslist for a used Honda. Appreciate the reality check!

(You must be logged in to reply)