Forum > Pliers

DeWalt vs Makita pliers - which one should I get?

9/13/2026 7:33:00 PM #1
DIYDave442
DIYDave442
New Member
Posts: 0
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my pliers set and I'm stuck between DeWalt and Makita. I mostly do DIY around the house, occasional bike repairs, and some light electrical work. Budget is a bit tight, so I want something that'll last but won't break the bank. Any recommendations? Also, are the DeWalt ones really worth the extra cash over Makita?
9/13/2026 8:40:00 PM #2
WrenchWendy278
WrenchWendy278
New Member
Posts: 0
I've used both on the job. DeWalt pliers have a better grip and the cutting edge stays sharp longer in my experience. But Makita isn't bad either, especially if you're not using them daily. For DIY, Makita is probably fine and you'll save a few bucks. Just make sure you get the ones with comfort grips, your hands will thank you.
9/13/2026 11:19:00 PM #3
SawDustSteve285
SawDustSteve285
New Member
Posts: 0
Makita all the way! I've been using their tools for 15 years and never had a plier fail on me. DeWalt is overpriced just because of the yellow and black. Plus, Makita's warranty is solid. But hey, if you want to waste your money, go ahead. lol.
9/13/2026 9:21:00 PM #4
FixItFelix300
FixItFelix300
New Member
Posts: 0
I gotta disagree with Steve. DeWalt pliers are the best I've used. The jaws are precise and they don't rust as easily. I've had a pair for 5 years and they're still going strong. Makita's are decent but I find the handles less comfortable for long use. If you're on a budget, check out the DeWalt 3-piece set on Amazon, sometimes it goes on sale.
9/14/2026 2:41:00 AM #5
DIYDave442
DIYDave442
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'll go with the DeWalt set since it's on sale right now. Appreciate the help!

(You must be logged in to reply)