Forum > Pliers

Found these Knipex Cobra pliers for $25 at a flea market - worth it or fake?

9/15/2026 1:41:00 PM #1
DrillMaster402
DrillMaster402
New Member
Posts: 0
So I was at the flea market this morning and this old dude had a table full of tools. I spotted a pair of Knipex Cobra 10" pliers, looked barely used, and he said $25. I know these usually go for like $50 new. I grabbed them but now I'm second-guessing. Are they real? They feel super solid, the jaws grip like crazy. But I'm no expert. Did I score or did I get taken? Let me know what you think.
9/15/2026 3:55:00 PM #2
SawDustSteve732
SawDustSteve732
New Member
Posts: 0
For $25, if they're legit, that's a steal. But you gotta check the details. First, look at the laser etching on the handle - should say 'Knipex' and 'Cobra' with a part number. Also, the teeth on the jaw should be super sharp and precisely cut. Fakes often have sloppy teeth or the push-button is loose. If the button snaps firmly and the jaws close flush, you're probably good. Post a close-up pic of the jaw teeth if you can. I'm curious.
9/15/2026 5:07:00 PM #3
WrenchWendy901
WrenchWendy901
New Member
Posts: 0
Nice find! I've got a dozen pairs of Cobras in different sizes - the 10" is my go-to for plumbing. $25 is a great deal even if they're slightly used. But yeah, beware of counterfeits. I once bought a 'Knipex' off eBay that turned out to be a knockoff. The tell was the handle color - slightly off, more orange than red. Also, real ones have a distinct 'clack' when you snap the button. If it feels mushy, that's a red flag. But honestly, for $25, even a decent clone might be okay for light DIY. But if you want the real deal, check the weight. Real Cobras are heavy for their size.
9/15/2026 4:23:00 PM #4
DrillMaster402
DrillMaster402
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks for the tips! I just checked - the etching is there, says 'Knipex Cobra 87 01 250'. The button snaps nice and loud. The handle color is a deep red. I think I got lucky! The teeth are sharp as hell - already used them to grip a stripped bolt and it bit right in. So stoked. Guess I'll be going back to that flea market next weekend.
9/15/2026 5:17:00 PM #5
SawDustSteve732
SawDustSteve732
New Member
Posts: 0
Score! That's the 10" model. You did good. Just keep them oiled and they'll last forever. Now you need the 7" and the 12" to complete the set. Welcome to the addiction. 😉

(You must be logged in to reply)