Found these Knipex pliers at a garage sale for $10 - worth it?
9/17/2026 3:49:00 PM
#1
DeWaltDan761
New Member
Posts: 0
So I was at a garage sale this morning and picked up a pair of Knipex Cobra pliers for $10. They look barely used, jaws still sharp, no rust. I know Knipex is supposed to be top notch but I've never owned any. Did I get a good deal or what? Also any tips on what to use them for? I mostly do electrical work and some DIY around the house.
9/17/2026 5:06:00 PM
#2
RenovationRick907
New Member
Posts: 0
Knipex? Never heard of her. If it ain't made by DeWalt, it ain't worth my time. Shoulda bought a pair of DeWalt pliers and called it a day. But for $10, even I'd take a chance. Just don't come crying when they break.
9/17/2026 6:31:00 PM
#3
BuildItBob688
New Member
Posts: 0
Rick, come on man. Knipex is German made and their Cobra pliers are legendary. $10 is an absolute steal. I've had mine for 5 years and they still grip like new. The teeth are hardened so they don't wear down. You did good, Dan. Use them for gripping pipe, nuts, even pulling nails. Just don't use them on electrical live wires unless they're insulated (Cobra isn't).
9/17/2026 5:34:00 PM
#4
DeWaltDan761
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks Bob. Yeah I figured they weren't insulated. I'll keep them for general use. Rick, I like DeWalt too but variety is the spice of life. Maybe I'll post a pic later.
9/17/2026 10:01:00 PM
#5
RenovationRick907
New Member
Posts: 0
Whatever. I'll stick with my yellow and black. But if you ever wanna trade for a slightly used DeWalt impact driver, let me know. I'm always looking for more yellow.
(You must be logged in to reply)