Found a killer deal on a pressure washer at HF – $199 for 3000 PSI, is it worth it?
9/14/2026 6:00:00 PM
#1
GearHeadGary837
New Member
Posts: 0
Hey everyone, just got back from Harbor Freight and saw they have a 3000 PSI, 2.5 GPM gas pressure washer on sale for $199 (normally $299). It's the Predator brand. I've been wanting one for cleaning my deck and siding. Any of you have experience with these? Is it a good deal or should I save up for a name brand? I know HF can be hit or miss. Thanks!
9/14/2026 7:13:00 PM
#2
SparkySam503
New Member
Posts: 0
Whoa, 3000 PSI at that price is tempting, but remember safety first! That's enough pressure to strip paint or worse, injure yourself. Make sure you get the right nozzle tips (white for delicate, red for concrete) and never point it at people or pets. Also, check the hose and connections for leaks before each use. As for HF, their Predator engines are actually pretty solid knockoffs of Honda. Just keep up with oil changes and use ethanol-free gas if you can. For $199, I'd say it's a decent starter unit. But if you're gonna use it a lot, maybe invest in a better pump.
Oh, and always wear eye protection! Trust me, I've seen some nasty stuff as an inspector.
Oh, and always wear eye protection! Trust me, I've seen some nasty stuff as an inspector.
9/14/2026 9:12:00 PM
#3
FixItFelix984
New Member
Posts: 0
I bought a similar one from HF about 3 years ago. Used it maybe 10 times a year for various chores. Still running strong. The pump is the weak point – mine started leaking after 2 years, but a rebuild kit was like $15. For the price, it's hard to beat. Just don't expect it to last like a $600 Simpson. If you're on a budget and only need it occasionally, go for it. But if you're a pro, skip it. Also, check if there's a coupon – HF always has those 20% off deals. That could sweeten the pot.
9/14/2026 10:39:00 PM
#4
LevelLarry630
New Member
Posts: 0
Dude, I almost pulled the trigger on that same one last month! I ended up getting the electric version instead because I didn't want to deal with gas maintenance. But for $199, that's a steal. My buddy has the Predator and he loves it. He uses it for his driveway and fence. Says it blasts everything away. Just make sure you winterize it if you live where it freezes. I forgot to drain mine one year and cracked the pump. Lesson learned. Let us know if you get it and how it works!
(You must be logged in to reply)