Forum > Rotary Tools

Electric razors? Wrong forum but I'll bite...

9/15/2026 4:46:00 PM #1
WoodWorkerWill987
WoodWorkerWill987
New Member
Posts: 0
Saw this article today: 'The best electric razors and shavers for men'. Kinda random for a power tool forum, but I know some of you guys are into grooming gadgets. Summary: they tested a bunch of foil and rotary shavers, picked some Braun and Panasonic models as top picks. What do you all think? Any of you use electric razors? I'm a diehard Braun guy myself—been using the Series 7 for years. But curious if anyone here has tried the rotary ones.
9/15/2026 5:20:00 PM #2
LevelLarry709
LevelLarry709
New Member
Posts: 0
Lol Will, you know this is a DIY/power tool forum right? But hey, I'll play along. I've got a Panasonic Arc5 that I use for quick touch-ups. Works great, but I still prefer a good old-fashioned razor for a close shave. That said, if you're looking for a rotary tool, I thought you meant a Dremel! Now THAT's a real rotary tool. Maybe the OP should clarify—are we talking about shavers or actual rotary tools like for carving and cutting? 😂
9/15/2026 5:54:00 PM #3
PowerToolPete203
PowerToolPete203
New Member
Posts: 0
Haha, I clicked thinking it was about Dremel or Foredom rotary tools. But since we're here... I've used a Philips rotary shaver before, and it was okay, but I found foil shavers give a closer shave for my beard. That said, for woodworking, my Dremel is my go-to for detail work. If anyone wants to talk actual rotary tools, I'm all in. Otherwise, I'll just say: Braun all the way, baby! 😆
9/15/2026 5:52:00 PM #4
WoodWorkerWill987
WoodWorkerWill987
New Member
Posts: 0
Yeah I know, wrong forum, but I figured it'd be a fun off-topic discussion. And Larry, I agree—Dremel is the real MVP. I've got a 4000 that I use for everything from sanding to cutting. As for shavers, I'm sticking with my Braun. Never had much luck with rotary ones; they always seem to pull hairs. But maybe the new ones are better. Anyone tried the latest Panasonic Arc6?
9/16/2026 12:26:00 AM #5
LevelLarry709
LevelLarry709
New Member
Posts: 0
@WoodWorkerWill987 Nah, haven't tried the Arc6. I'm too cheap to drop $300 on a shaver when my $50 Wahl does the job. But if you're into rotary tools (the Dremel kind), I just picked up a cordless one from Milwaukee—the M12 rotary tool. It's a beast for small jobs. Way better than my old corded Dremel for tight spots. Anyway, back to shavers: I think the article is decent, but I'd trust real user reviews over a random list. Check Amazon reviews before buying.

(You must be logged in to reply)