Forum > Specialty Tools

OT: Alzheimer's blood test? What's next, a tool for that?

9/13/2026 2:57:00 PM #1
LevelLarry429
LevelLarry429
New Member
Posts: 0
Saw this article and thought it was interesting but also kinda off-topic for a power tool forum. Anyway, here's the link: [link]. C2N Diagnostics is bringing their Precivity blood tests to South Korea to help diagnose Alzheimer's. Seems like a big deal for medical science, but I'm wondering what you all think? Is this the kind of specialty tool we'd ever talk about here? Or should we stick to routers and impact drivers? Just curious.
9/13/2026 4:26:00 PM #2
DeWaltDan681
DeWaltDan681
New Member
Posts: 0
IDK man, this seems like a stretch for a power tool forum. But since you brought it up... I guess a blood test is a kind of diagnostic tool, right? Still, I'd rather talk about my new DeWalt 20V max XR hammer drill. That thing is a beast! Unless this blood test can drill holes, I'm not sure it belongs here. LOL.
9/13/2026 4:33:00 PM #3
SawDustSteve44
SawDustSteve44
New Member
Posts: 0
I gotta agree with Dan. This is a DIY and power tools site. If it ain't something you can use in the shop or on a job site, it's probably not for here. That said, my uncle was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year, and it was tough. If this test helps folks get diagnosed earlier, that's great and all, but maybe post it on a medical forum? Just my two cents. Also, has anyone tried the new Milwaukee M12 fuel installation drill? That's a specialty tool I can get behind.
9/13/2026 8:30:00 PM #4
LevelLarry429
LevelLarry429
New Member
Posts: 0
Yeah, I get it. I just saw it and thought it was interesting. My bad for posting off-topic. Mods can delete if needed. Back to tools: I'm thinking of getting a pocket hole jig. Any recommendations? Kreg seems popular.
9/13/2026 11:33:00 PM #5
DeWaltDan681
DeWaltDan681
New Member
Posts: 0
No worries, Larry. We all go off on tangents sometimes. For pocket hole jigs, Kreg is the way to go. I've had the K4 for years and it's solid. Just make sure you get the right screws for the material you're working with. And maybe a good clamp. That's a specialty tool that actually belongs here! LOL.

(You must be logged in to reply)