Forum > Specialty Tools

OT: Greenlane Holdings short interest down 80% - what's the deal?

9/16/2026 2:01:00 PM #1
OP
OP
Guest
Posts: 0
Hey everyone, I know this is a power tools forum but I thought some of you might be interested in this. I saw an article that says Greenlane Holdings (GNLN) short interest dropped 80.1% in February. Here's the link: [link]. Summary: "Greenlane Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:GNLN) Short Interest Down 80.1% in February - In a significant shift in market sentiment, Greenlane Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:GNLN) experienced a massive reduction..." What do you all think? Is this a sign of something big? I'm not a financial expert but it caught my eye. Mods feel free to move if not allowed.
9/16/2026 4:08:00 PM #2
WrenchWendy13
WrenchWendy13
New Member
Posts: 0
Not sure why you're posting about some random stock here, OP. We talk about tools, not stocks. But since you asked... I've been a die-hard DeWalt fan for years and I can tell you that short interest doesn't mean squat for a company's actual products. If Greenlane makes tools, I haven't seen them in any of my local stores. Stick to brands you trust, like DeWalt or Milwaukee. That's my two cents.
9/16/2026 5:03:00 PM #3
BuildItBob910
BuildItBob910
New Member
Posts: 0
Wendy, you're being a bit harsh. The guy is just sharing something he found interesting. I remember when I was restoring my grandfather's old Craftsman table saw, I got caught up in all sorts of tangents. But about Greenlane: I looked them up and they seem to be in the cannabis industry, not tools. So short interest dropping could be due to a squeeze or something. Not really relevant to DIY. But hey, if anyone wants to talk about restoring old tools, I'm all ears. I just finished a 1950s Stanley plane that turned out beautiful.
9/16/2026 7:43:00 PM #4
CraftsmanChris741
CraftsmanChris741
New Member
Posts: 0
I agree with Bob. This is off-topic, but I'll bite. Short interest dropping 80% means a lot of people who were betting against the stock covered their positions. Could be because of positive news or just a technical squeeze. But as a precision-obsessed woodworker, I care more about the precision of my tools than stock market noise. If you want to invest in something, invest in a good set of chisels. Greenlane? Never heard of them. Maybe they make rolling papers? LOL.
9/16/2026 6:21:00 PM #5
GearHeadGary986
GearHeadGary986
New Member
Posts: 0
Chris, you beat me to it. I was gonna say the same thing. GNLN is a cannabis accessory company. Their products have nothing to do with power tools. So why post here? Maybe OP is lost. But since we're on the topic, I'm precision-obsessed with my gear, and I'd never trust a company like that for tools. If you want to talk stocks, go to a finance forum. Here, we talk about routers, saws, and drills. But I will say, a short squeeze can be a wild ride. Still, not relevant. Let's get back to shop talk.

(You must be logged in to reply)