Found a killer deal on a wrench set - too good to be true?
9/16/2026 8:10:00 AM
#1
ToolTimeTim211
New Member
Posts: 0
So I was browsing Amazon last night and stumbled on this 20-piece metric/SAE combination wrench set from 'TitanForge' for only $39.99. Normally $120. It's got 4.8 stars with 300+ reviews. But I'm skeptical - anyone heard of this brand? The tolerances are probably garbage, but at that price, even if they're just for the junkyard, seems worth it. Link: [removed by mod]. What do you guys think?
9/16/2026 8:58:00 AM
#2
MakitaMike491
New Member
Posts: 0
I've seen those. Buddy of mine bought a set for his truck. The chrome is thin as hell and the open ends are sloppy - I had to grind one down to fit a tight hydraulic fitting. But for $40? If you're not doing precision work, they'll turn a bolt. Just don't expect them to last if you're using a cheater bar. For a DIYer or occasional use, go for it. For daily pro use, skip.
9/16/2026 11:00:00 AM
#3
SocketSarah20
New Member
Posts: 0
I remember when Craftsman was king. Now everything's outsourced. TitanForge is probably the same factory that makes Harbor Freight's Pittsburgh line. Nothing wrong with that for the price. I'd say grab 'em, but check the 10mm first - if that's missing, it's a dealbreaker. Also, make sure they're not made of cheese metal. If they flex when you torque 'em, return 'em.
9/16/2026 1:04:00 PM
#4
WoodWorkerWill987
New Member
Posts: 0
I'm a Snap-on guy through and through, but I'll admit - for beaters, cheap wrenches have their place. I keep a set of no-names in my truck for roadside repairs. That said, I wouldn't trust a $40 set for anything critical. If you're just doing oil changes and lawnmower repairs, fine. But if you're rebuilding an engine, step up to something with a warranty. Just my two cents.
9/16/2026 10:38:00 AM
#5
ToolTimeTim211
New Member
Posts: 0
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'll roll the dice. Worst case, I'm out 40 bucks and I'll use them as sacrificial wrenches for welding practice. I'll post an update once I get them and check the tolerances with my calipers. Fingers crossed!
(You must be logged in to reply)